Pages

Sep 6, 2007

Rejection and Insecurity

Hmm. I seem to be suffering from the latter a lot and building a pile of the former. Although, no rejections today (it is still early, after all). Well, what can you do? What any tough chick would do. I drop and do 25. Pushups. Seriously. There's something about perfectly formed, from-the-toe pushups that just make a girl feel all manly. And ready to jump up and yell (in a manly voice, of course) "Is that all you got?" Plus, there's the added benefit of building all that upper body strength, which is very important for us writers, what with all the typing.

Jokes aside, I haven't been doing much but battling a big case of conference-anxiety-induced writer's block, which luckily broke last night. If you're going to write about a tough chick, it helps to be a tough chick. So here's to a new day, some new stories, and a fresh round of demon vanquishing.

Maybe writing will help me pass that FBI PFT after all. Or maybe all that training I did for the PFT will give me the perseverance I need to get published! See folks, a good exercise program can do wonders for your writing (or at least your state of mind)!

1 comment:

B.J. Anderson said...

You tell em'! Even though I don't think I could do even one push-up, your words are inspiring.