More on the RMFW Colorado Gold Conference...
Saturday's main event was the Editor/Agent Pitch sessions. I went to a few classes in the morning, then prepared for my pitch, which was after lunch. I had the opportunity to pitch to Ms. Kate McKean from the Howard Morhaim Literary Agency. She was very nice. She also requested to see the first 100 pages of my urban fantasy novel (again, very exciting). We also had a chance to talk for a few minutes about other things, which I enjoyed.
There are always a lot of nice classes at the conference. There was a really nice one done by Sharon Mignery about dialogue.
Speaking of good talks... the banquet speech given by Bob Mayer was very good! It was a wonderful way to cap off the evening. Of course, we had to visit the hospitality room, where we spent several hours talking with the very fascinating Ed Hickok.
I also got some time to seriously veg with my online critique partner, B. J. Anderson, whom I don't get to see but a few times a year.
1 comment:
It was so great to see you too, Amanda!! Can't wait for next time.
Post a Comment