Well, I'm back from the RMFW Colorado Gold Conference! Actually, I got back last Sunday, at 1 a.m., but am just now getting a chance to sit down and report on the events. Quite a bit happened, so I may need to split this up. We'll see.
Let's start from the beginning:
Friday was the Editor/Agent Workshop. The workshop I attended was with Liz Scheier, from Del Rey. It was a wonderful experience! Almost everyone had nice comments on all the submissions. I gleaned a lot of good information--not just from the comments made on my own work, but also from the comments made on everyone else's work. I also made some new friends! More importantly, Ms. Scheier asked to see the first 100 pages of my urban fantasy novel. So that was very exciting!! Then to top it off, I got the opportunity to have a couple of beers with her and several of my new friends (especially Judy Metz) and chit chat about everything and nothing. It was a very fun evening.
Of course, the evening wasn't over yet. The book sale was after the buffet. I got to talk with Jeanne Stein (a fellow Whedon fan). I loved her book The Becoming, so I HAD to get a signed copy of the next one Blood Drive.
And no evening would be complete without a visit to the hospitality room. I made some more new friends, drank more than I should have (btw, Mario Acevedo makes the best margaritas!), and went to bed late. But happy. It was a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment