Pages

Mar 14, 2008

Blogging at Breakfast

...because I don't have any other time to do it....

Here's a piece of introspection for you from my favorite book, Smilla's Sense of Snow by Peter Hoeg. I know it got me thinking this morning over my traditional bowl of Cheerios.

"Maybe falling in love, the piercing knowledge that we ourselves will someday die, and the love of snow are in reality not some sudden events; maybe they are always present. Maybe they never completely vanish, either."

3 comments:

B.J. Anderson said...

That's cool. I'll have to read the book.

Anonymous said...

You've just reminded me that I need to put that movie on my netflix.... it was turned into a movie, right??

Amanda Gaume said...

Em,

Yeah. A pretty good movie with nice landscape and music starring Julia Ormond and Gabriel Byrne... But, of course, the book is WAY better. :)