Just this morning I picked up my favorite book from the shelf, Smilla's Sense of Snow by Peter Hoeg, and sat down with it at breakfast. And within a few sentences I remembered why I loved it so much. If you've never read it, you should. It starts with this quiet, numb sorrow at the funeral of a small boy. It must be the cadence. Or the character. But this book makes me want to write again.
For those of you who know me well, you know that my personal life has been in chaos. I have not written for many months. But picking this book up this morning caused my mind to hum, caused the words to begin to flow. I think I am almost ready to do it again. I feel as if these stories inside me are starting to swell and demand to be released. So, maybe it is time I release them.
2 comments:
I hope you will be able to find the time, energy, and the muse. We should, indeed, hold onto those things that inspire us and make us believe in ourselves. Those things that make us dig deeper into our own centers. From there comes the truly great work.
I hope you do start writing again! Grace and I want you back in the critique group!
Post a Comment