Pages

Jan 28, 2008

Everything is a Story

I get kind of introspective during my commute home. The other day I was thinking about stories. Just in general. I love stories. Movies, books, opera, ballet, dance, graphic novels, cartoons. All are stories. Even music. Each song is a story. Each song has a story behind it. Art, too, is a story. I can look at a picture and imagine an entire world. A story.

So, life's a story, too. It's all in how you tell it. What kind of story is yours? I hope it's an adventure. A love story. I hope it's lyrical and beautiful to you. I hope you can look back on it and say, "Now that's a good story." I know I'm always hoping mine is one with a happy ending....

3 comments:

Linda Sandifer said...

Ah, so very true. But the power is in our hands (for the most part) to shape our own destinies.

Amanda Gaume said...

I like that idea, about shaping our own destinies. So, if we write our own "novels" we can ensure they end just the way we want... (Or we can try really hard and hope those secondary characters don't end up stealing/changing the story!)

Linda Sandifer said...

Yes, or give your secondary characters their own story.