Ah, a new year. New hopes. New ventures. I haven't made any resolutions, per se, this year. Just racing forward, seeking new territory. I was so busy this last month with my "real" job and so demoralized after that last rejection, that I took a little time off. But now, with the new year and a fresh head, I think I'm ready to hit the ground running again. I've got a few good stories left in me and the burn to write them. A short story that haunts me. A new novel with some attitude.
And today some good news. A friend I met at the RMFW conference this last fall has at long last been offered representation for his killer wonderful book (after more rejections than I would be able to handle). So, many well-deserved congrats. And a feeling that there are good things happening to good people in the world, so it must not be all bad, right?? :)
My resolution, then, for this year, is to look forward. Ever forward. With a smile.
Happy New Year!
1 comment:
Yes, ever forward. And congrats to the friend who found representation. There's hope for us all.
Post a Comment