Oct 27, 2007
Finding Time
Some people ask me how I find time to write. If writing is in your blood, you can't not find the time to write a novel. Or two. Or three. I write on my lunch break. I write after work. I write day and night. Even when I don't have a paper or pen or computer handy, I'm always plotting the next scene, working out character motivations, fine-tuning all the back story (so I don't have to write it down unless it's necessary). It's easy. All you need to do is write 250 words a day. That's just one page. In a year you'll have a novel. And nine times out of ten, you can write a lot more than 250 words a day. So the problem is not finding time to write.... the problem is finding time to do all that other stuff in my life.... (like sleep).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So true. It's all the other stuff that you have to find time to do.
Post a Comment