Pages

Sep 15, 2011

Glance Over the Shoulder

It's been months, yes.  In that space, I've been writing and living.  Summers always seem to be a little crazy around here with trips back to the Motherland and lots of young minds at work to fuel the scientific research fire.  But now, fall is falling, so to speak.  This is my favorite time of year.  There's something about the color of the sunshine, either from dust particulates in the air or Nature's knowledge that it's time for a change again.

At this time of year I get very introspective.  It's a time to look back on the growth that's transpired over spring and summer and see how far I've come.  To mentally prepare myself for the healing rains of winter.  And I've done some growing since spring.  A lot.  Not just in writing, but in life as well.  Some of it has been pleasant; some of it not.  But it's all just the cycle of life.

There's also something about fall that makes the writing wheels turn.  All that introspection and lessons learned need to go somewhere.  The WIP is ready to receive them as I find my writing rhythm and settle in to complete this latest work.  I've got scads of pent-up emotion to divulge and a set of characters hanging in the balance, waiting for me to lead them out of their troubles (and unbeknownst to them, into new troubles).

I hope that you are finding fall just as inspiring.

Happy writing!

1 comment:

Linda Sandifer said...

I enjoyed this post, Amanda. This is a good time of the year to ponder growth and change and use it all, in some form, in our writing.