Pages

Mar 7, 2011

The Call

The most amazing thing happened to me these last couple of weeks.  IT happened.  I got THE CALL.  To say the very least, I'm thrilled and spent several days with the primary thought running through my head being, "Oh my God" and doing random happy dances.  I am so excited to have an agent for my urban fantasy novel!  I love this book so I'm ecstatic to take it to the next phase of this journey.

Talking with my new agent was a wonderful, exciting experience.  How thrilling to speak with someone as passionate about my story as I am!

And now, in celebration of my good news, I'm giving away a $25 gift certificate to either Barnes and Noble or Amazon (winner's choice).  Make sure you're a follower and comment on this post.  Good luck!  I'll announce the winner on March 27.

Happy writing!!

9 comments:

B.J. Anderson said...

Congratulations on the awesome news! And pick me! That picture cracks me up.

Linda Sandifer said...

Congratulations a hundred times over! I'm so excited for you. It's all about perseverance (and a ton of hard work!). I love the picture, by the way. And, yes, sign me up for the contest!

karenfinnigan said...

Add my congratulations, Amanda! Way to go getting an agent. Best wishes for the next phase, which will be publication! I can't wait to come to your book signing. Please sign me up for your contest too. I love Barnes & Noble!
--Karen

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to read your book, and say I know another published author!

Emily Sandifer said...

Congratulations!!!!!! You don't need to enter me into the contest, I just wanted to say congrats because you are rad!

Unknown said...

WOW! Amanda I had no idea you were a writer too. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amanda Gaume said...

Thanks, guys! Getting an agent is so exciting, but I'd like to remind everyone (although many of you know) that this doesn't guarantee that the book will be published. But it is a really big step in the right direction! And for now, I'm ecstatic to spend time writing instead of querying...

Good luck to all on the contest. I'll announce a winner on the 27th.

Jim Allan said...

Hi Amanda I wanted to comment enter... because I love you and your writing (and I wanted to win a $25 prize). many waves (like the wave in a stadium during baseball games) of success for you.

Unknown said...

Just checking in, what do I need to do to win that 25 bucks? How about giving away a free book! If you hit top 5 on the best seller list will you be giving a way a free car? I want a Porsche.