Pages

Mar 28, 2010

The Writer's Suitcase

One of the great things about having a day job (besides the fact that it pays the bills) is that sometimes you get to travel to really, really exotic and fun places.  Because this involves a really, really long plane ride, it also means getting to do a lot of reading (Yay!!!).

My job is sending me to South Korea for a week.  Can you hear me jumping up and down?  This is one of those places I never even dreamed I would ever be able to visit.  So, with the impending trip only a week away, I'm starting to pack.  Forget about what I should wear... I'm thinking about books.  What books should I bring?  What writing things do I need?

Right now, I've got a guidebook for South Korea loaded on my Kindle.  I'm sure before I board the plane I will also have more urban fantasy loaded on it than I could read in a year.  Add my own novel (doing some revisions.... again) and my critique partner's novel.  Of course, I have my notebook (the old fashioned kind with real paper pages) for jotting down ideas.  A camera (duh).  And my iPod for mood music and games (great for breaking writer's block... no, really).

So, my writer friends, what would you bring on a long trip to an exotic locale?  What can you not live without in a foreign country?  And if you've been to South Korea (near Seoul), what place must I absolutely not miss visiting?

2 comments:

Linda Sandifer said...

Have a wonderful and safe trip, Amanda. Call me before you leave!!

B.J. Anderson said...

I'm so jealous! Have an awesome trip, dude. :D I will miss you!