Pages

Mar 28, 2010

The Creative Liar Award



Thanks, Julie at Silver Lining for awarding me the Creative Liar Award!  Julie writes beautiful blog posts, so if you haven't done so already, hop on by and check out her blog.

The rules of the award are to write six fabulous lies about myself and two truths.  You have to guess which ones are true!  So, even though I'm a terrible liar and several family members are followers of my blog (and Bonny always knows when I'm lying!), here goes...

  1. I applied for an astronaut position just before finishing my masters degree at Duke.  I was offered a conditional letter of appointment but sadly had to decline because I became pregnant.  I decided to complete my Ph.D. instead.
  2. Before entering graduate school, I took a mountain-climbing trip for 2 weeks to South America (mainly Chile) to  climb some of the smaller Andean peaks.  It was truly the trip of a lifetime!  
  3. I once ran so much that I came home with blood soaking through my clothing.  Shortly after that, I discovered Glide.
  4. In my spare time, I run a shelter for lost or abandoned dogs.  It's called The Fleas are Free.
  5. At a conference in Europe, I had dinner with Physics Nobel Laureate Frank Wilczek and his wife.  Maybe this was the trip of a lifetime?  I forget.
  6. I worked for two years in Antarctica on an internship in neutrino physics.  While there, I was inspired to write my science fiction novel about zombie penguins that attack an American outpost in the South Pole.  I am still seeking publication.
  7. As a young lass, I worked as a jockey at the local horse racing track.  Alas, a nasty spill from a crazy horse ended that career path.
  8. I have been admitted to a local insane asylum for the truly insane.  It took three months for me to convince them that I'm not crazy; I'm just a writer.  They let me go because they didn't have facilities available to handle my brand of crazy.

There you go, folks.  In turn, I'd like to pass this award onto six fabulous, deserving folks!  And the winners are (sorry if you've already got this one... it seems to be going around like that bad cold in my daughter's school):

  1. Andrew Rosenberg at The Write Runner 
  2. Nicole Ducleroir at One Significant Moment in Time
  3. Roxy Hanie at a woman's write
  4. Michelle McLean at Writer Ramblings
  5. Elana Johnson at Elana Johnson, Author
  6. Linda Sandifer at Writing Out West
In a week or so, I'll reveal the answers to my truths and lies, probably in a comment to this post.

Happy writing!


6 comments:

Michelle McLean said...

thanks so much for passing the award to me! This one looks like fun :D Hmmm now to think of a few interesting lies ;-D

Elana Johnson said...

Thank you! Hope you have a fabulous time in South Korea too! How fun!

Unknown said...

Yay! Thank you so much for this awesome award! It's one of the most fun to post about. I love trying to guess people's truths. You're right, it has made it's way around the blogosphere with more success than the seasonal flu, but like my incredible and unexplainable resistance to illness, I've been immune to receiving it. Until now!!

I'm going to say your number 5 is true. Although, I'm batting 1000 with my wrong guesses. LOL. Looking forward to learning which one was true.

Thanks again!

Linda Sandifer said...

Good God! My life has been so boring, they'll all have to be lies. I live vicariously through my characters. It's the only adventure I get. But thanks for the award anyway. I'll put my thinking cap on--now, where did I put it?

Andrew Rosenberg said...

Thanks for the award!
I would have to guess #3 is true...because it's happened to me! (I ain't called the WriteRunner for nothing).
You haven't lived until you've lost a couple toenails from running :)
I'm going to set up an award page on my blog soon!

Amanda Gaume said...

Thanks everyone! So the truths are #3 and #5. What a fun contest!!!